The quilt’s finished and on show

My finished quilt at the Weald and Downland Museum.

Made of wool and linen scraps and photos printed on an old cotton valence.  The borders and binding are made of wool melton – I was planning to have a jacket from that but it’s all gone now.

 

I’m going to try more photo printing on fabric – maybe in smaller projects to start with. Cushions anyone?

 

I’m linking this to Lakota’s Ta Dah Tuesday.  I love to pop over and see what everyone is up to – definitely worth a look.

Advertisements

A Dog, quilts and those boots again

Old quilts get cut up for dog blankets.

This was once a king size bed quilt.

My new quilt – before quilting. It looks very different afterwards.

After some manic sewing I got the quilt ready to take to the exhibition.  I forgot to take photos of the finished quilt so that’ll have to wait until next week.

I just love these boots. I wear them nearly every day.

Quilt Progress – Yes Really!

To be honest, I would love to do an outfit post.   Yesterday I wore lots of stuff I made myself & my lovely new boots from Green Shoes. But it’s not to be.  Sadly, I forgot to take a photo until it was too late & I was very crumpled.  Today I have been wearing jodphurs most of the day; it’s not a great look to start with and I am an especially scruffy person.

Anyway, the photos are all printed on fabric and since I took this photo I have cropped them all to the sizes I want.

I have a rough plan. I’m not promising to keep to it though – in fact, I’ve already changed a few things.

And this is the heap of linen & wool fabrics ready for ironing. I’ve now ironed them and made a few choices.

Progress indeed!

Quilt Preparation – continued

It has been ages since I last posted about my quilt plans.  Things I have to do have been getting in the way of things I want to do.  The situation hasn’t changed but I have printed my photos on to fabric at last.

I used Bubble Jet Set 2000 to do it & it gives great results if your printer is up to it.

Most of the photos are printed on to pieces of an old white cotton valence and the results are much better than when printed on new but lower quality cotton. The photos are clearer on the old valence -a bonus for recycling.

I am so excited now the quilt is moving on again.

The next step is piecing.