This shirt is made from lovely soft silk. I think it dates from the early 1990s and I bought it in a charity shop. I repaired and wore it a few times but decided it would be better turned into something else. There were quite a few worn patches to avoid so I had to make something small.
Made using an old pattern from Sew Hip magazine. I had to make these in four pieces but French seams make them very comfortable anyway.
And then I got carried away.
The broderie anglaise pair are from a silk shirt I made but hardly wore because the colour doesn’t suit my face. Ok as knickers though. I’ve got enough fabric left to make another pair from that and from the delicate silk scarf I used to make the other pair.
I can’t do much sewing at the moment because the room I use is being redecorated & everything is bagged up for sorting. I’m looking for new storage & I’m going to reduce what I have. A year of mainly using my stash doesn’t seem to have made much impression on the mounds of fabric bits I have.
And here is the top I made over the Christmas holiday……
Top is Burda 2934. Another version shown here. This one is from a needlecord remnant I bought from Ditto when I went to a drawing class in Brighton just before Christmas. The remnant wasn’t quite big enough so I used some stash fabric for the facings & bias binding. I will try to remember to do a close up photo as I think the conrast actually improves the look of the top.
Thanks for all the suggestions about my 1970s dress. I am going for mini length with three quarter length sleeves. Roobeedoo suggested the longer length dress might make me look like a lady vicar & I think she could be right. I am going to the Goldhawk Road shops tomorrow to try to get some fabric.