This is made from a fairly heavyweight linen from one of the shops in Goldhawk Road, London.
I measured the length, width, waist, size of the splits and looked at how the skirt had been shaped.
I transferred the measurements to the linen fabric and cut out the two rectangles.
I sewed the rectangles together, leaving the side slits open and a space for the zip open.
I made pleats in the waist by marking them with a ruler & chalk & then sewing at the top only.
I sewed in the zip – I recycled this from an old skirt.
I covered the waist with bias binding – lovely satin stuff – leftover from a previous project.
I finished the slits and hemmed the skirt.
The top was also pattern free. Details to follow.