Do people ask you that question? Or maybe, ” I used to sew but it’s not worth it these days is it?”
I sew for lots of reasons:
- Some things are cheaper if you don’t count the hours of work;
- There will be no one wearing the same clothes as me (they probably wouldn’t want to either, but that’s another matter);
- It cuts down how much I have to worry about people working in near slavery to make things for me;
- Could it be greener? I hope so, but I’m not sure – maybe depends on the fabric;
- The excitement as a garment, bag or quilt emerges;
- The sheer pleasure of trying on the finished article (usually!)
Happiness is making something.
Anyone else like to add anything?