Some of my outfits are missing……..
I didn’t get photos every day. There have been lots of repetitions so I haven’t included them.
The difficulty of finding new outfits to wear has inspired me to get sewing again – within the restrictions of sewing from my stash or from charity shop stuff. So here goes.
The shirt was made from this:
I redid as few seams as possible. I recut the sleeves & armholes, cut the cuffs in half , took off the collar, added 1960s lace to the collar & cuffs & replaced the ordinary men’s shirt buttons with little square shell buttons. I put a horizontal pleat in the back and highlighted it with more shell buttons. I have noticed when turning men’s shirts into women’s blouses that as soon as the front fits the back needs a tuck to stop rather unattractive fabric bulges appearing.
The skirt is in needlecord and made from Simplicity 3881.
New Look blouse. The bag is my own design. I based it around photos of my horse and made it mainly in tweeds & felted wool. I love that bag & it holds memories of a much loved horse.
The blouse was my second attempt at Simplicity 2501 (first version on day 21). I had some fitting issues with this. You can see from the photo that they haven’t been resolved completely but I like the shape a lot. The skirt also appears on Day 7. I didn’t like the look of it in the photo so I have shortened it. I like it much bettter now.
Sadly I got a big stain on this before there was a chance to take a photo, so I’ll move on to:
The blouse is the first version of Simplicity 2501. It’s pretty material but the fit could be better. The skirt is the same as day 19.