New curtains! Following Vix’s lovely curtains here.
I sew in a small bedroom and it needed sorting out. After a change of paint colour I decided on new curtains too.
These are made from some of my huge patchwork fabric stash. I’ve added nothing to the stash for at least eighteen months but it’s still shamingly huge so I’m on a mission to use most of it up in the next year or so. This is the first big patchwork stashbusting project.
The fabrics aren’t all strictly patchwork type; there are some dressmaking leftovers too. I cut the fabrics into six and a half inch squares using patchwork rulers and sewed them together using a quarter inch seam allowance. There are tweny-six different fabrics and one hundred and sixty squares. The lining is made from the good parts of an old sheet; the curtain tape was left over from previous projects. Cost £0.
I’m not sure where I’ll find time to do more stashbusting but I’m very happy with my first patchwork stashbust. Thanks Vix!